Its officially Winter in Australia and bitterly cold in Melbourne, but you don’t have to go far to get some Winter sun. Queens Birthday weekend and me and my husband headed off to sunny Noosa.
Noosa is located on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, a 2 hour drive from Brisbane airport. On arrival the town is buzzing with couples and young families. We stayed on Hastings Street where there is a number of boutiques, galleries, cafes and restaurants, all located behind Noosa main beach.
Noosa feels like one of the happiest places on earth, naturally beautiful, perfect weather, and everyone looks happy. As a young newly wed couple being surrounded by baby mooners and young families only emphasises our desire to start our own family.
We had an amazing relaxing time together in this pretty Australian town. Noosa offers something for everyone, it’s the perfect spot to chill out, indulge, or get active. Noosa is a natural place for adventure with beaches, rivers and hiking trails. Here are our highlights:
Noosa Main Beach
Noosa is a popular spot for surfers with an abundance of surfing spots. There are plenty of places to hire surfboards and get lessons.
One of the biggest highlights in Noosa is the amazing food. There are a number of amazing restaurants, cafes and bars serving local fresh produce. Our top picks:
- Noosa Beach House (Peter Kuruvita) The signature Sri Lanken fish curry is a MUST. Its also a great spot for lunch and drinks.
- Locale Italian Restaurant
- Rococo Bistro Alfresco dining and piano bar
- Aromas This chic French cafe has delicious coffee and this popular spot is a great for breakfast and lunch
- Miss Moneypenny’s Great for cocktail hour